Classic steak bites made in the air fryer in just 12 minutes. An easy and quick beef recipe to make for dinner. Serve with rice, noodles, a salad, vegetables, or as an appetizer with a variety of dipping sauces.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Servings: 3 servings
- Calories: 495kcal
- 2 lb sirloin steak cut into 1½-inch by 1-inch
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp soy sauce
- Cut steak into 1½-inch by 1-inch pieces.
- Whisk together oil, pepper, salt, and soy sauce.
- Add steak to bowl and toss together with sauce until coated.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Cook in air fryer at 400°F for 7-12 minutes.7 minutes = more rare / 12 minutes = medium-well
- serve as the main dish along with steamed rice, vegetables, or noodles.
- Onions: Add some cut-up white or yellow onions to your bowl of sauce and toss well before cooking.
- Mushrooms: Steak and mushrooms go hand in hand. Simply add the mushrooms to the bowl to coat in the sauce with a little more oil and air fry them along with the pieces of steak.
- Spices: Other spices that go great with soy sauce are garlic, ginger, paprika, cumin, coriander, chili powder, lemon juice, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Sauces: Serve the steak bites with a chimichurri sauce, hummus, tzatziki sauce, A1 sauce, barbecue sauce, mustard cream, butter garlic sauce, steak Diane sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or Cajun butter sauce.
- Cheese: I can’t get enough of blue cheese crumbles on my steak. Once it’s done cooking, add some blue cheese crumbles to the steak and allow it to slightly melt into the meat. Many famous steakhouses now offer this option and it’s one that I do like. It adds a tangy sharp taste to the steak.
- Butter: Toss the air fryer steak in a bowl with butter once it’s done cooking. Not only will this ingredient add moisture, but flavor to it as well.
Garlic: If marinating, add the garlic at the beginning to lock in even more garlic flavor and then cook it according to the recipe directions. If you’re like me and enjoy raw garlic, mince the garlic and toss it in a bowl with a little melted butter to serve over the beef while plating it for dinner.
Additional Notes on cook times
This batch came out Medium-Well. If you prefer more of a Rare – Medium then I would suggest lower heat by 6-8 minutes.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 66g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 1419mg | Potassium: 1052mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 5mg