Crispy and perfectly seasoned Air Fryer Potato Chips are a quick and easy dish, perfect for a crowd!
- PREP TIME 0minutes minutes
- COOK TIME 30minutes minutes
- SOAK TIME 15minutes minutes
- TOTAL TIME 45minutes minutes
- SERVINGS 4
- 2 baking potatoes
- olive oil
- salt & seasonings to taste
- Scrub potatoes and thinly slice them into ⅛” slices using a mandolin.
- Place potato slices in a bowl of cold water and let soak for 15-30 minutes. Drain well and dab dry with a towel.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Toss potatoes with oil and season with salt to taste.
- Add potatoes to the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Toss and continue to cook an additional 12-17 minutes stirring and tossing every few minutes or so.
- Once the potatoes begin to crisp, remove the browned potatoes so they don’t burn. Continue cooking until all chips are crisp and browned.
- Use a mandolin or the ‘slice side’ on a box grater if possible.
- Soaking chips in cold water prevents discoloration and makes them extra crispy,
- Dry them as much as possible before cooking.
- As individual chips begin to crisp/get slightly brown, remove them immediately so they don’t burn.
- Store at room temperature in a bowl. If they are sealed, they can sometimes soften. A brown bag with a clip works well too.
- If chips lose crispiness, just pop them back in the air fryer for a few minutes until they are hot and crunchy again! Or, place a single layer on a cookie tray and crisp under the oven broiler for 3-5 minutes.
Calories: 115, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 5mg, Potassium: 444mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 1IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 14mg, Iron: 1mg