Crunchy cashews along with tender and flavorful chicken, this air fryer cashew chicken is easy to prepare and easy to make.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 271kcal
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken thigh or breast (about 500g)
- cut into bite-size pieces
- Ingredients for marinade:
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Other ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup steamed carrots diced
- 2 tablespoon scallions
- 1/3 cup roasted cashew halves
- Mix all the marinade ingredients.
- Put the chicken pieces in a Ziploc bag along with 2/3 of the sauce and mix. Marinade the chicken for about 30 minutes. If longer, refrigerate it until cooking.
- Line the fryer basket with a grill mat or a sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Spread the chicken out in the fryer basket and air fry at 380F (190C) for 10-12 minutes until the cooked through.
- In the meantime, use a wok or a frying pan to saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining 1/3 of the marinade and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Toss the chicken, carrots, and cashew in the wok to coat. Then, sprinkle some scallions to serve.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1228mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1400IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg